PortalHomeLog inLatest imagesGallerySearchRegister

Latest topics
» It's been a while
What is an EVP? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2015 1:11 pm by POD John

» Hello All!
What is an EVP? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 3:38 pm by Madi J.

» Modded webcam for IR
What is an EVP? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 12:00 pm by TheLastDarkness

» EMF Detectors and Other Apps for Smartphones
What is an EVP? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 11:58 am by TheLastDarkness

» Slender!
What is an EVP? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 11:54 am by TheLastDarkness

» Nightvision a Thing of the Past?
What is an EVP? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 11:51 am by NoTelling

» The CPI Index-Categorizing Evidence
What is an EVP? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 11:49 am by NoTelling

» How About a Faker
What is an EVP? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 11:48 am by NoTelling

» What's with scary movies these days?
What is an EVP? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 11:47 am by NoTelling

Photobucket

What is an EVP?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
POD John
Admin
POD John

Number of posts : 59
POD Score : 5825
POD Esteem : 0
Registration date : 2008-08-18

What is an EVP? Empty
PostSubject: What is an EVP?   What is an EVP? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 12:07 am

What are EVPs and how do you get them?
EVP is an acronym for "Electronic Voice Phenomena".

A man named Fredrich Jurgenson was recording birdsongs back in 1959 while in a Swedish countryside. He discovered that after to his recording some mysterious voice was discussing birdsongs in a Norwegian language. He claimed he had never heard the voice while he was recording, but only after playing it back. Sometime he even heard several people at once.

How do you perform EVP sessions?

This is the easy part. All you need is a digital tape recorder to get started. Try to ask open ended and vague questions, preferrably with yes or no answers (one word is presumed to be easier for the entities to create). Allow a fair amount of time after each question to keep your responses organized.

Some thing you need to remember-

Never whisper. You may talk at a low volume, but whispering will distort your voice and can make it unrecognizable, leading to a false finding.

Don't shuffle your feet. Shuffling feet can come across as incoherent whispering on your recordings.

Any noise that is natural needs to be documented on your recording, so annouce the noise and give the time. For instance, "Dr. Tyrant whispered at 2308".

Almost all EVPs are sketchy, so be sure to have other people listen to what you find. When you play the recording for them, don't mention what you think it is as the power of suggestion will influence their perception.

If you get something during a session and would like it cleaned up and evaluated by me, simply send me the section of the recording you need help with and I will let you know. I would also be more than happy to post it on the site.

Last edited by Dr. Tyrant on Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://paranormalobservers.forumotion.com
ePaco

ePaco

Number of posts : 7
POD Score : 5735

What is an EVP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is an EVP?   What is an EVP? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 5:42 pm

Does it have to be on a digital recorder or can you pick them up with a camcorder too?
Back to top Go down
POD John
Admin
POD John

Number of posts : 59
POD Score : 5825

What is an EVP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is an EVP?   What is an EVP? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 10:33 pm

You can collect EVPs with any audio recording device. The idea is that these devices are more sensitive than the human ear and allow for playback, so any will do. I have collected some amazing EVPs on my mini-dv.
Back to top Go down
https://paranormalobservers.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

What is an EVP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is an EVP?   What is an EVP? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is an EVP?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General discussion :: EVPs- Electronic Voice Phenomena-

All content is either copyright of paranormalobservers.twilightlegend.net or it's respective owner. You may use this content as you wish, all we ask is that you provide a link back to this site and give us credit.

Proudly Affiliated with Ghostvillage.com!Forum create on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com